Friday, April 14, 2006

Thursday...

Today I went to Staro mesto and walked around....that means "old town". Than I took a tram over to Praha 3 and met a local luthier named Marek and he told me a lot oabout the history of the Bohemian bass. It was really cool to finally find out a little history about my own Bohemain bass. Later on around 7, Vaclov and I went to see a rocking punkish, ska-like, horn driven, crazy performing stage antic, band from France called les fils de TEUHPU...they were awesome!!! Here is their site so check it out.... http://www.lesfilsdeteuhpu.com/teuhpu/pre.php. They reminded me of March 4th with tons of horns...I got a ton of pics and I will post my whole trip when I get back on some photo site. After that I was kinda tired from the night before but I wanted to see this Czecky bass player guy whom I heard was awesome. Damn, he is. It is crazy how good he is rea lly...arco and pizz, tone, ideas, intonation...he has it covered. Thankfully he doesn't live in PDX or I would be scared of losing some jobs...every bass player in PDX would be afraid. Anywas, oh ya, yesterday I played Dark Eyes on the Charles Bridge......that is right. I played with a clarinet player and a rocker looking guy with a Les Paul and we actually sounded alright. I got a lot of applause too!!!!! LOLOLOLOL. Django with a Les Paul...he was pretty good too. What else...two more things, yesterday I also played George Mraz's bass (super hero of mine). His bass was REALLY nice too. and...tonight I am taking a lesson with the crazy bass player that I mentioned. Here is a link to his site.... www.robertbalzar.cz.. I think that is right. Ok, bye for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous jon said...

sweet! keep kicking tourist ass!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home